Let me introduce you to my little buds! Tom (left) is 16 and Jerry (right) is 13. I tutor them on Sunday evenings for two hours. In the beginning they were shy and it was harder to get them to talk. Now, 6 weeks into it, I can't get them to stop talking!
I really like them! They have a great English, sometimes I think they are better than some of my college freshman! Jerry has a lot of energy and it can be hard to get him to sit still, so sometimes I will just tell him to go running up and down the stairs while me and Tom keeping talking :)
It has been fun to teach younger kids and to come up with some creative ideas that keep them interested! We are hoping to get a few more tutoring jobs like them :)
How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort. I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future. I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...
Comments
Post a Comment