Skip to main content

Packages!

If I could explain to you the excitement of receiving packages here, i would.....but I can't! The joy of getting that phone call saying you have something to pick up gives you goosebumps and that butterfly thing in your stomach. It is so hard not to run the whole way there or not to open it on the way back home. I love it! Special thanks to: My mom aka packing queen!- You are so loving and thoughtful and I feel so loved with the amount of time and effort put into getting them to me!Thank you for our pan, candy,vanilla, and everything else! Lisa and the girls- Your pictures brought tears to my eyes! I totally have them where all can see my beautiful cousins! Also thanks for the nyquil! Grandma Sue and Don- Thanks for the sweet card, the muffins, mixes, and love sent our way! Sara- Wes's pictures are SO darn cute!!! Alodie- Crowder pictures and shirt on display in the Majors's house!! you rock! Tanner Family- Thank you for your gifts and sweet card!! Ann- thank you for your scrapbook and other gifts sent this way! Mary Anne Walther, Gloria Gibbins and the Foster Family....thank you for your sweet notes!!! Everyone else that I am missing or didn't know about.....THANK YOU!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not a Monk

How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort.             I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future.             I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...

Home Sweet Home

The time has finally come to reveal what you all have been longing for......our home! I really wish I had taken before pictures, so you could see what all we did to the place. Here is the result of all our creativity and shopping trips back and forth from store to store. We don't have any decorations up yet, just the main necessity things...but soon I hope to add some color with pillows, art, and some throw blankets!!

First Day of School

First Day of School. The same nerves that run through everyone on their first day of school were kicking in as I walked up the stairs to room 203. I have never taught at a college level before, I definitely have not taught Chinese. Would they like me? Would they be able to understand? All these worries and thoughts were flying around my brain, but within an instant the madness stopped! As I let go of Jeremy's hand and stepped foot into my classroom, I was immediately filled with peace and joy! Their smiling faces and eager hearts just makes you melt :) I greeted the 10 or so students who arrived early and then began writing on the chalk board. It may be messy, but writing on a chalk board is totally teacher and made my day. The first class went well, it was a little bumpy but for the most part my lesson was accomplished and the students left smiling. As that class left, the second arrived and I started all over. This time with a passion and a confidence. I loved Teaching! ...