Skip to main content

Home sick

Today is my first day of a little home-sickness. It isn't horrible, just don't feel like going outside. I was told this was going to happen but it still isn't the greatest feeling. It's funny how our body and emotions react to change. I think its first response is survival, surprise, and adventure. I am still in that phase. I have enjoyed seeing everything being so different, and hearing people talk in a language that doesn't seem to make sense. There are so many things to experience and take in, it can get overwhelming. Knowing that I am prone to having negative thoughts towards things that are different than what I do or to change, I told myself that I was going to focus on the neat things about China. This has worked out well and has helped me maintain a positive attitude. Such as:
- The kids are just SO dang cute!
- The food is healthy ( for the most part)
- They drive normal cars
- The Wu-mart (aka walmart-ish) has a lot of items I can read and want
- They love exercise and community
These are just a few of the things I have observed that make me feel comfortable here. Now, on the other hand there are a lot of things I just have to laugh at. I can tell that in a few months they might be harder to deal with.
- The dirt....everywhere
- The fact that you guys are sleeping when I am awake
- The food is good, but all seems a bit odd
- I don't own a car, nor would I want to drive one here! But taking subways and buses is different.
I don't want to paint a horrible picture, I just want to share with you things that I am experiencing. You can be lifting me up in those ways!
I am going to attempt to get some videos posted on here. They won't be edited by any means, but will show you a little bit of life here that pictures don't do justice :) I miss you all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pick mine!!

Marry my daughter please. She is 25 and successful at her career. 5" 1' and 90 pounds. Smart, knows Chinese, English, Japanese, and German. Plays Violin, piano, and owns a car. Sound like a newspaper add? Its because it is. The paper and flyers you see here are from parents and grandparents trying to find their son and daughters spouses! These are people carefully picking their selections. I couldn't believe it....but what was crazy is that this went on throughout the whole park. I mean thousands of adds everywhere. I wasn't sure what I should think about it....but i found it very intriguing. How would you like for your parents to go the park every weekend to try to sell you to those who passed by?  

A bear stole my seat

I was on the subway heading to a birthday party for a teammate when all of a sudden a huge teddy bear came walking in. I soon found out, that there was a lady behind the bear. I couldn't contain myself. I had to be a tourist at this moment. I laughed whipped out my camera and capture this image of "China" for you all. I am sure subways in New York are crazy too, but people watching at a subway in China could be a full time job!

Dancing in the park

Last night was a lot of fun! We had mexican....it wasn't Los Bravos, but it was a nice break from garlic! :) We walked home from dinner and what happened from there was a blast. In America after dinner, for the most part, we sit on the couch and watch TV. In China, TOTALLY different. The evening is where it all takes place. Everyone is out and about. Walking through the parks,talking and playing games on the street corners. The street food is grilling and the air is full of laughter, horns, and music! I love it here at night! The sense of community is something westerners should be envious of! As we walked home we passed many parks. In the parks are walkers, people doing Tai-chi, and women dancing!We normally walk by taking pictures, but as we walked by the last park we could not help but hear,"HOOP there it is"!!! We stopped dead in our tracks, gave our bags to the husbands and ran to join all the women in their evening exercise! This was SO much fun! Of course we look