Kids. I love them. I always have. The Merwins have 3 kids and one on the way. Both Jeremy and I have really connected with them and find such joy in spending time with them. Yesterday at our team meeting, we got off on a tangent and started talking about the largest crocodile in the world. I began to mention the fact that they found a human body in the crocodile, when everyone gave me the “shut up face”, I then noticed Miles (the 6 yr old) wide eyed…. I quickly changed the subject, but could tell miles was chewing on that thought. Later he made his way over to me and in a very serious manner began a conversation with me.
“ Mrs. Majors, I was wondering if you would play ping pong with me? …..And maybe while playing we can talk about that croc! I have never talked about a croc and played ping pong before…..maybe we can try!”
Needless to say, I started laughing. First, because there is no ping pong table, and second that he wanted to talk to me about “that croc”. It’s the little things like this in my day that make my heart fill with joy.
How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort. I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future. I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...
Comments
Post a Comment