The smell of apple cinnamon fills the house as I write. My second attempt to make applesauce. Cooking has reached a new level since I came to China. The first time I made applesauce our hot plate, that I still don’t know how to use very well, turned itself up and while I was out of the room.. burnt! Nearly a fire….BUT never mind that, this time it turned out great!
Create: I love creating something out of nothing and I love being able to serve others with it. The Father created the world….I guess I take after my dad ;)
Learn: Lately I am trying to learn more about photography and computers. I like the idea of being able to capture moments that people would want to treasure. I have been blessed with a nice camera and computer and I would like to be able to use them to the best of my ability to help serve. I also really want to learn Chinese, I think that is a given though.
Grow: More than anything I really want to grow as an individual. I want to grow in all areas. I don’t ever want to grow stagnant. I want to be that woman who learns a new language at age 83.
How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort. I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future. I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...
Comments
Post a Comment