Skip to main content

3 years and counting...

Newly weds. During our first two years of marriage, every time Jeremy and I hugged, kissed, or laughed with each other, people would look at us with a funny face and explain "OH, you two are just newly weds!" We would then share a polite laugh with them. But inside, I didn't like being called that...it felt as if they were saying we weren't really  going to be that happy, it was just for right now.
Now, even after 3 years, we still get that comment. Just the other day in the office as Jeremy and I were quoting "Christmas Vacation" and "Dumb and Dumber" lines...Merwin was laughing and said the "newly wed" line. But to my surprise I didn't get frustrated, but rather delighted to see that after 3 years, we still got what it takes!
I have always known we have something special! I can spend every moment with J and never get tired of him. He makes me laugh more than anyone else, he plays my stupid games, and loves me like crazy despite my little quirks!
I hope that after 10...25...40 years of marriage we will still be newly weds!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not a Monk

How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort.             I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future.             I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...

First Day of School

First Day of School. The same nerves that run through everyone on their first day of school were kicking in as I walked up the stairs to room 203. I have never taught at a college level before, I definitely have not taught Chinese. Would they like me? Would they be able to understand? All these worries and thoughts were flying around my brain, but within an instant the madness stopped! As I let go of Jeremy's hand and stepped foot into my classroom, I was immediately filled with peace and joy! Their smiling faces and eager hearts just makes you melt :) I greeted the 10 or so students who arrived early and then began writing on the chalk board. It may be messy, but writing on a chalk board is totally teacher and made my day. The first class went well, it was a little bumpy but for the most part my lesson was accomplished and the students left smiling. As that class left, the second arrived and I started all over. This time with a passion and a confidence. I loved Teaching! ...

Home Sweet Home

The time has finally come to reveal what you all have been longing for......our home! I really wish I had taken before pictures, so you could see what all we did to the place. Here is the result of all our creativity and shopping trips back and forth from store to store. We don't have any decorations up yet, just the main necessity things...but soon I hope to add some color with pillows, art, and some throw blankets!!