Skip to main content

Jiayou!

“Jiayou, jiayou!” The crowd cheered as the runners gave it their all dashing to the finish line. It was the sports competition day all over china. We went to cheer our students on and to have a good time! This day was SO much fun! It was full of so many funny and cool China things. Here are a few: - They will run in jeans and dress shoes. - If one person owns some track shoes….everyone will take turns wearing them when it came time for them to race. (Americans would go buy their own) - Near the end of the race your friends will start running along side you….cheering in your ear and ready to catch you as soon as you cross the finish line. - At the end of a race….you are suppose to act dead. Well at least that is what it looks like. They just fall down and act like that was the hardest task ever to be accomplished! SO FUNNY! The friends carry them off and tend to their needs. ( I thought something was horribly wrong when the first girl did this, but after the next 10 did….I began to pick up on the trend) - If you pose for one picture….you will be there for another 10 minutes posing for all the others running over! - If you ask to eat lunch with them….you will find it difficult to hear a response amongst all the high pitch girly screaming! Haha I fell in love with my job, my students, and the community here in China this day! I feel so blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not a Monk

How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort.             I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future.             I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...

Home Sweet Home

The time has finally come to reveal what you all have been longing for......our home! I really wish I had taken before pictures, so you could see what all we did to the place. Here is the result of all our creativity and shopping trips back and forth from store to store. We don't have any decorations up yet, just the main necessity things...but soon I hope to add some color with pillows, art, and some throw blankets!!

First Day of School

First Day of School. The same nerves that run through everyone on their first day of school were kicking in as I walked up the stairs to room 203. I have never taught at a college level before, I definitely have not taught Chinese. Would they like me? Would they be able to understand? All these worries and thoughts were flying around my brain, but within an instant the madness stopped! As I let go of Jeremy's hand and stepped foot into my classroom, I was immediately filled with peace and joy! Their smiling faces and eager hearts just makes you melt :) I greeted the 10 or so students who arrived early and then began writing on the chalk board. It may be messy, but writing on a chalk board is totally teacher and made my day. The first class went well, it was a little bumpy but for the most part my lesson was accomplished and the students left smiling. As that class left, the second arrived and I started all over. This time with a passion and a confidence. I loved Teaching! ...