Hilly Road
Almost every day on our journey to campus as we are climbing the big hill, I thank the Father for our scooter! It is so convenient and the very fact that I don’t have to pedal up that hill is wonderful! Pedaling up a hill is not fun for anyone, but could you imagine if you had your chart full of veggies, fruit, or water jugs that you sold for a living behind your pedaling bike? I can’t! Talk about muscles burning! What I love about this culture, is that many times you will see a complete stranger on his scooter or electric bike; stick out his foot or hand and push the chart as he goes up the hill. So simple, but yet, makes someone else day so so much easier! I have been looking for an opportunity to do this, I will let ya know when I do.
How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort. I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future. I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...
Comments
Post a Comment