Have you ever heard a Chinese person sing p!nk? I have! This past week we had the coolest opportunity to go to a concert! Not only a concert but a concert performed by Americans! The group consisted of 11 people from Austin Texas. I was so excited to be able to hear English songs, and was hoping for a bit of country…with them being from Texas and all. The opening act was a punk rock band. With the lead singer in bright pink leather pants…I knew what ever was going to be sung would be great! To my surprise this punk rocker Chinese chick, totally sang “perfect” in English and it was good! The rest of the concert was wonderful! Our students, teachers, and Jeremy were dancing and singing right along with the Texans! What a nice taste of home!
How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort. I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future. I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...
Comments
Post a Comment