Skip to main content

Angry Birds

The night began with J and I heading to Starbucks.He was meeting his bud and I was just going to enjoy the nice weather and improve my angry bird skills. You know that feeling you get when someone is watching you..I was feeling it pretty heavy. It may have been the breath of the Chinese kid over my shoulder or the nice sound affects he was making, but needless to say I was being watched. As I continued to pass levels, the noises got closer and closer until a chair was pulled up right next to me. I offered him to play, but he politely refused...the first time. The second time, he jumped at the offer. We instantly became friends. With the very little Chinese I know, we managed to play against and laugh at each other. He told me his name, age, and taught me the word for bomb. For an hour and a half I was able to make a friend without either one of us being able to speak to one another...all because of a popular game and probably because of my amazing angry bird skills! lol What a cool feeling, fun night, and motivation to keep learning more language!

Comments

  1. Awww... so sweet! Definitely your gift; relating to children, not Angry Birds. I could totally kick you butt in Angry Birds... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home Sweet Home

The time has finally come to reveal what you all have been longing for......our home! I really wish I had taken before pictures, so you could see what all we did to the place. Here is the result of all our creativity and shopping trips back and forth from store to store. We don't have any decorations up yet, just the main necessity things...but soon I hope to add some color with pillows, art, and some throw blankets!!

Not a Monk

How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort.             I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future.             I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...

First Day of School

First Day of School. The same nerves that run through everyone on their first day of school were kicking in as I walked up the stairs to room 203. I have never taught at a college level before, I definitely have not taught Chinese. Would they like me? Would they be able to understand? All these worries and thoughts were flying around my brain, but within an instant the madness stopped! As I let go of Jeremy's hand and stepped foot into my classroom, I was immediately filled with peace and joy! Their smiling faces and eager hearts just makes you melt :) I greeted the 10 or so students who arrived early and then began writing on the chalk board. It may be messy, but writing on a chalk board is totally teacher and made my day. The first class went well, it was a little bumpy but for the most part my lesson was accomplished and the students left smiling. As that class left, the second arrived and I started all over. This time with a passion and a confidence. I loved Teaching! ...