Standing in line at McDonalds, I was so excited to eat my French fries with ketchup! Here, they kindly give you two packages of ketchup on your tray. I often just stare at the two packages knowing it will only last about 10 fries, but because I don’t know the language just deal with it.
This time around I was smart. I learned the Chinese word for “more”. All I had to do was point and say it, and I would be set. The food comes I point to the ketchup and say “mas por favor”. *Blank stare from the worker*….I panic I then decide to sign it to him. *confused stare* At this point all I could do is laugh and speak English. He kindly laughed with me and handed me ketchup and said in English, “Is that enough or would you like more?”
How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort. I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future. I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...
Comments
Post a Comment