Skip to main content

Flood

I recently re-read the story of the Ark and I remember the rainbow being a sign that there with not be a flood destroying the earth again…..but it didn’t say anything about my bathroom floor! Today was a normal Tuesday. Team meeting in the morning, made lunch, kissed Jeremy good-bye as he left for classes, and then began to clean the house and prepare to go grocery shopping. Just as I was about ready to go, I decided to check on the laundry. The washing machine is in our hallway, but we hook it up to our bathroom sink and then the water drains into a drain next to our toilet. I know, I know…it’s the dream set up. Well, to my delightful surprise, the water hose was not in the drain. In fact it was floating! In those situations, where your feet are under water in your bathroom, all you can do is laugh and hope you get everything dry and clean before the husband gets home! Lol Four towels, a broom, and few paper towels later the bathroom floor was nice and clean. When Jeremy got home, he asked why the bathroom floor mat was hanging out the window….I told him I cleaned the floors and did the laundry at the exact same time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not a Monk

How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort.             I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future.             I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...

First Day of School

First Day of School. The same nerves that run through everyone on their first day of school were kicking in as I walked up the stairs to room 203. I have never taught at a college level before, I definitely have not taught Chinese. Would they like me? Would they be able to understand? All these worries and thoughts were flying around my brain, but within an instant the madness stopped! As I let go of Jeremy's hand and stepped foot into my classroom, I was immediately filled with peace and joy! Their smiling faces and eager hearts just makes you melt :) I greeted the 10 or so students who arrived early and then began writing on the chalk board. It may be messy, but writing on a chalk board is totally teacher and made my day. The first class went well, it was a little bumpy but for the most part my lesson was accomplished and the students left smiling. As that class left, the second arrived and I started all over. This time with a passion and a confidence. I loved Teaching! ...

Home Sweet Home

The time has finally come to reveal what you all have been longing for......our home! I really wish I had taken before pictures, so you could see what all we did to the place. Here is the result of all our creativity and shopping trips back and forth from store to store. We don't have any decorations up yet, just the main necessity things...but soon I hope to add some color with pillows, art, and some throw blankets!!