Skip to main content

Bye Beijing



Who knew that in a month of training best friends could be made?! I certainly wasn't expecting to form such amazing friendship, but the Father provides in abundance. Beijing was a time of transition, classes, and having fun with culture shock. These group of friends not only helped me get through tough times, but were an example on how to laugh,smile,cry,and dare to live in china. Leaving Beijing was so hard. I cried and didn't let go of my new found "soul mates":) The thought of a home,routine, and seeing what was in store next, got me through the long drive to the train station.



Bunk Beds...oh yes skinny tight squeezing bunk beds. It was SO fun! China keeps getting better and better. We had a really loud old man, who felt the need to crinkle his newspaper at all hours, and a sweet snoring old lady as our bunk mates. I slept really well, the sway of the train helped :) It was fun journey and a great way to start off our first morning in Nanjing!!

p.s. here is a video of an act of the Chinese acrobats we saw. I think there were 15 girls on one bike....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Sweet Home

The time has finally come to reveal what you all have been longing for......our home! I really wish I had taken before pictures, so you could see what all we did to the place. Here is the result of all our creativity and shopping trips back and forth from store to store. We don't have any decorations up yet, just the main necessity things...but soon I hope to add some color with pillows, art, and some throw blankets!!

First Day of School

First Day of School. The same nerves that run through everyone on their first day of school were kicking in as I walked up the stairs to room 203. I have never taught at a college level before, I definitely have not taught Chinese. Would they like me? Would they be able to understand? All these worries and thoughts were flying around my brain, but within an instant the madness stopped! As I let go of Jeremy's hand and stepped foot into my classroom, I was immediately filled with peace and joy! Their smiling faces and eager hearts just makes you melt :) I greeted the 10 or so students who arrived early and then began writing on the chalk board. It may be messy, but writing on a chalk board is totally teacher and made my day. The first class went well, it was a little bumpy but for the most part my lesson was accomplished and the students left smiling. As that class left, the second arrived and I started all over. This time with a passion and a confidence. I loved Teaching! ...

Not a Monk

How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort.             I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future.             I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...