Skip to main content

Great wall!

All your life you have these things you would like to do sometime, always knowing that there is a good chance that you may never do them. These 3 weeks in Beijing, I have been able to check off so many of those "bucket list items". Did you know that the Great wall is huge? Did you know that it is not flat? For some reason I had pictured a wall being flat, call me crazy but I was not expecting the best cardio work-out of my life to happen on the great wall of China!
It was SO amazing to be there, to think about the history, the amount of people and time it took to build, and to be able to witness the Father's creation at its best!

To get up to the wall you had several options, you could take a chair lift or walk. Jeremy said his mom had walked up, therefore my competitive side made me walk. It was hard, but I was okay with knowing I would be done once I got to the wall....all this to say my legs were sore the next day and when given the choice to walk or ride down...I chose to ride. But not only Ride but SLED down! That's right, we had a five minute slide all the way down the mountain! It was SO much fun! I have video but it is bumpy and long, but what a way to end an amazing adventure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not a Monk

How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort.             I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future.             I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...

First Day of School

First Day of School. The same nerves that run through everyone on their first day of school were kicking in as I walked up the stairs to room 203. I have never taught at a college level before, I definitely have not taught Chinese. Would they like me? Would they be able to understand? All these worries and thoughts were flying around my brain, but within an instant the madness stopped! As I let go of Jeremy's hand and stepped foot into my classroom, I was immediately filled with peace and joy! Their smiling faces and eager hearts just makes you melt :) I greeted the 10 or so students who arrived early and then began writing on the chalk board. It may be messy, but writing on a chalk board is totally teacher and made my day. The first class went well, it was a little bumpy but for the most part my lesson was accomplished and the students left smiling. As that class left, the second arrived and I started all over. This time with a passion and a confidence. I loved Teaching! ...

Home Sweet Home

The time has finally come to reveal what you all have been longing for......our home! I really wish I had taken before pictures, so you could see what all we did to the place. Here is the result of all our creativity and shopping trips back and forth from store to store. We don't have any decorations up yet, just the main necessity things...but soon I hope to add some color with pillows, art, and some throw blankets!!