Skip to main content

Mac and Cheese

As I sit here typing there is a really cute old man watching me through his window across the street! Creepy? Nope, you get used to it! I am dining in tonight. I have my water boiling and my easy mac waiting to be made!
Jeremy and I made a visit to the Forbidden city the other day just the two of us. It was wonderful!Exploring this great big city hand in hand. I am so blessed to be with this man. He knows how to love on me and take care of me even in a city where my comforts are very different. Today we just sat on our beds talking, laughing, and thinking about the things we already missed. We also talked about the things were are observing.
As we walked into the gates of the forbidden city we couldn't help but be in amazement of the history and meaning of the sites. The huge red wooden doors and the guards watching just allowed us to feel the importance of where we were. The excitement of being at a place treasured. But to our surprise, when you got past the gates and into the court yard... commercialization,vendors, neon signs. This all took away from something that was so meaningful and sacred and has made it feel normal and approachable.Our excitement turned to sadness as we saw something of valued being used.
It got me thinking about the story of the Father's son and when he went to the temple and saw it being used as a market, not a scared place. People selling,big crowds, and not being used as what it should be.I can imagine his heart felt a little like ours. Do we do that in our lives? Do we take something that should be scared and used for honor and respect and make it into something it shouldn't?How about our bodies(the temple), the word, fellowship,or worship? I ask you to join me in looking at areas in our lives that we have been lost in the worlds ways or had a hard time keeping sacred and honoring to the father!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not a Monk

How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort.             I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future.             I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...

First Day of School

First Day of School. The same nerves that run through everyone on their first day of school were kicking in as I walked up the stairs to room 203. I have never taught at a college level before, I definitely have not taught Chinese. Would they like me? Would they be able to understand? All these worries and thoughts were flying around my brain, but within an instant the madness stopped! As I let go of Jeremy's hand and stepped foot into my classroom, I was immediately filled with peace and joy! Their smiling faces and eager hearts just makes you melt :) I greeted the 10 or so students who arrived early and then began writing on the chalk board. It may be messy, but writing on a chalk board is totally teacher and made my day. The first class went well, it was a little bumpy but for the most part my lesson was accomplished and the students left smiling. As that class left, the second arrived and I started all over. This time with a passion and a confidence. I loved Teaching! ...

Home Sweet Home

The time has finally come to reveal what you all have been longing for......our home! I really wish I had taken before pictures, so you could see what all we did to the place. Here is the result of all our creativity and shopping trips back and forth from store to store. We don't have any decorations up yet, just the main necessity things...but soon I hope to add some color with pillows, art, and some throw blankets!!