Skip to main content

New Home?

What to pack?
If you have moved before you are aware of the excitement and stress that comes along with it! So far moving hasn't been the biggest stresser. I think what stresses me out is the fact that I am at my house but it no longer looks like or feels like home. The feeling of not having a comfort home is not a good one. I reminds me of a story one of my friends was telling me. It was about a missionary that was once asked about where her home was, since she moved all the time. She explained that through her time as a missionary the Father had shown her, this world never was suppose to be our home. That through moving over and over sharing the word she began to understand that meaning. Her home wasn't a present tangible place on the earth but it was in her heart and an eternal place. I really hope that one day my thought and heart would truly feel that!
Packing:
I have learned that I am extremely blessed to have material things and friends and family to help!
I have learned that for some reason in  every purse, bag, or backpack that I always have the same items or "staples". Pens, chapstick, tissues, and bobby pins!
I have learned that even in moving I prefer everything to be organized and for no one to touch anything before I go through it. ( I have had issues with that one haha)
That you can suck up flies in a vacuum in mid air and that packing pictures can make you cry.
Support Raising:
You learn that nothing and I mean nothing is impossible for the Father!
That it can be supper hard and emotional but that it is an experience that humbles!
That with prayer and constant surrender....your trust and understanding of Dad grows more than EVER!
Random:

Plastic bags are used for so many things!
Crying is okay and feels good!
Naps can make a hard day.....better! haha

This is probably my last post before I leave Evansville! Scary, sad, exciting, adventurous, and trusting! Your thoughts for us is much appreciated! For good-byes, not forgetting anything, and the rest of moving! Until I reach my next earthly home.... love, Tama

Comments

  1. Loved this. You expressed the sentiments that have been my world this last month. Packing photo is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not a Monk

How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort.             I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future.             I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...

Home Sweet Home

The time has finally come to reveal what you all have been longing for......our home! I really wish I had taken before pictures, so you could see what all we did to the place. Here is the result of all our creativity and shopping trips back and forth from store to store. We don't have any decorations up yet, just the main necessity things...but soon I hope to add some color with pillows, art, and some throw blankets!!

First Day of School

First Day of School. The same nerves that run through everyone on their first day of school were kicking in as I walked up the stairs to room 203. I have never taught at a college level before, I definitely have not taught Chinese. Would they like me? Would they be able to understand? All these worries and thoughts were flying around my brain, but within an instant the madness stopped! As I let go of Jeremy's hand and stepped foot into my classroom, I was immediately filled with peace and joy! Their smiling faces and eager hearts just makes you melt :) I greeted the 10 or so students who arrived early and then began writing on the chalk board. It may be messy, but writing on a chalk board is totally teacher and made my day. The first class went well, it was a little bumpy but for the most part my lesson was accomplished and the students left smiling. As that class left, the second arrived and I started all over. This time with a passion and a confidence. I loved Teaching! ...