Skip to main content

Luke update (GAPS continued..)

After everything we were doing I expected immediate change. I thought/ wanted Luke to be healed in weeks if not days. This was one of the hardest struggles for me. If Luke wasn't getting better I felt as if the whole process was worthless.
These were lies. I fought those lies with truth.

Everyone in our family is learning valuable lessons and skills from this.
Our bodies are benefitting from this.
This is a process, it takes time.
It Takes Time!

we had to slowly introduce foods so that we could see how his body would react


When the 8th week came I wish I could tell you that he was a completely healed and happy. He wasn't healed and he was still two. (terrible twos is no lie) What I can share with you is this:

1. His drool had almost completely stopped
2. His stools were loose but not diarrhea
3. He was eating every meal and his stomach didn't hurt
4. He ate veggies, fruit, and meat and no longer was a picky eater
5. He wasn't complaining about not having treats or sugar

These were wins! We rejoiced and thanked the Father! We then continued Luke on a 90% Paleo and 10% whatever diet. I really wanted our family to continue on. I knew there was more healing to take place and I felt we really would see results!

Fast Forward to week 15:
This week was the miracle week! It was as if the fog in his brain began to lifted. He was suddenly using new vocabulary. People were understanding him better. He was laughing and being silly. He even decided to potty train himself! (Also, Luke had his first solid stool!!)
This was also a great week for Lanie. She started to crawl on all 4's and pull-up. (Areas she was delayed)

Such a praise and good motivation to keep pushing on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pick mine!!

Marry my daughter please. She is 25 and successful at her career. 5" 1' and 90 pounds. Smart, knows Chinese, English, Japanese, and German. Plays Violin, piano, and owns a car. Sound like a newspaper add? Its because it is. The paper and flyers you see here are from parents and grandparents trying to find their son and daughters spouses! These are people carefully picking their selections. I couldn't believe it....but what was crazy is that this went on throughout the whole park. I mean thousands of adds everywhere. I wasn't sure what I should think about it....but i found it very intriguing. How would you like for your parents to go the park every weekend to try to sell you to those who passed by?  

A bear stole my seat

I was on the subway heading to a birthday party for a teammate when all of a sudden a huge teddy bear came walking in. I soon found out, that there was a lady behind the bear. I couldn't contain myself. I had to be a tourist at this moment. I laughed whipped out my camera and capture this image of "China" for you all. I am sure subways in New York are crazy too, but people watching at a subway in China could be a full time job!

Dancing in the park

Last night was a lot of fun! We had mexican....it wasn't Los Bravos, but it was a nice break from garlic! :) We walked home from dinner and what happened from there was a blast. In America after dinner, for the most part, we sit on the couch and watch TV. In China, TOTALLY different. The evening is where it all takes place. Everyone is out and about. Walking through the parks,talking and playing games on the street corners. The street food is grilling and the air is full of laughter, horns, and music! I love it here at night! The sense of community is something westerners should be envious of! As we walked home we passed many parks. In the parks are walkers, people doing Tai-chi, and women dancing!We normally walk by taking pictures, but as we walked by the last park we could not help but hear,"HOOP there it is"!!! We stopped dead in our tracks, gave our bags to the husbands and ran to join all the women in their evening exercise! This was SO much fun! Of course we look