Skip to main content

Dance With Joy (lessons from my two-year-old #2)


You would have thought Lucy had won the lottery with the excitement she had while dancing and shaking with joy last night. After mentioning that we would be going to the play place with a friend in the morning she couldn’t handle the anticipation. We put her to bed at her usual 7:00 and she didn’t go to bed until 10:00.
I remember that feeling as a kid. Too excited to sleep. Now a day , even if I am very excited, I am so exhausted, that I have no trouble sleeping.
 Do you remember the last time you experienced that kind of joy or excitement?
 I love watching Lucy’s pure joy! She holds nothing back; she has a full body reaction and doesn’t care what others are thinking about, she is just super excited. She even includes those around her.


“ Momma! “Thank you” *jumps* “Love you” *Hug*…*Kiss*

“Daddy too! Love you…miss you…come too…yay!

“Baby Yuke”*squeezes his hand* “ so fun!”

This reminded me of the time king David was dancing in 2 Samuel 6.
        Wearing a linen ephod, David was dancing before the Lord with all his might, 15 while he and all Israel were bringing up the ark of the Lord with shouts and the sound of trumpets.”

David was rejoicing because the Ark of the Lord was coming to the City of David. He was that excited because of the Fathers presence! As Michal, Saul’s daughter, pointed out: He was dancing half naked and didn’t even care.
Why was he so excited about God’s presence? Why was he dancing with all his might?
Because David knew the power and the glory of the Father; he knew the miraculous wonders He was capable of.

I hope that I too can be that in love and that excited about my relationship with the Lord. I want to respond like David and Lucy when I think about the cross.

22 I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pick mine!!

Marry my daughter please. She is 25 and successful at her career. 5" 1' and 90 pounds. Smart, knows Chinese, English, Japanese, and German. Plays Violin, piano, and owns a car. Sound like a newspaper add? Its because it is. The paper and flyers you see here are from parents and grandparents trying to find their son and daughters spouses! These are people carefully picking their selections. I couldn't believe it....but what was crazy is that this went on throughout the whole park. I mean thousands of adds everywhere. I wasn't sure what I should think about it....but i found it very intriguing. How would you like for your parents to go the park every weekend to try to sell you to those who passed by?  

Dancing in the park

Last night was a lot of fun! We had mexican....it wasn't Los Bravos, but it was a nice break from garlic! :) We walked home from dinner and what happened from there was a blast. In America after dinner, for the most part, we sit on the couch and watch TV. In China, TOTALLY different. The evening is where it all takes place. Everyone is out and about. Walking through the parks,talking and playing games on the street corners. The street food is grilling and the air is full of laughter, horns, and music! I love it here at night! The sense of community is something westerners should be envious of! As we walked home we passed many parks. In the parks are walkers, people doing Tai-chi, and women dancing!We normally walk by taking pictures, but as we walked by the last park we could not help but hear,"HOOP there it is"!!! We stopped dead in our tracks, gave our bags to the husbands and ran to join all the women in their evening exercise! This was SO much fun! Of course we look

A bear stole my seat

I was on the subway heading to a birthday party for a teammate when all of a sudden a huge teddy bear came walking in. I soon found out, that there was a lady behind the bear. I couldn't contain myself. I had to be a tourist at this moment. I laughed whipped out my camera and capture this image of "China" for you all. I am sure subways in New York are crazy too, but people watching at a subway in China could be a full time job!