When we first got married I told Jeremy that my goal was to cook such good food , that he would never want to eat out again! This was partially because we couldn’t afford to eat out, and because I wanted to learn to cook. Our 2 ½ years in Evansville I couldn’t get enough cooking, I really enjoyed trying new things, making things taste good, and getting a feel for what ingredients can be mixed with others.
Now we live in China. My love for cooking never changed, but I hit a brick wall when I stepped foot on foreign soil. A lot of the ingredients that I used in the states aren’t here. If they are here, I wouldn’t know, because I can’t read Chinese. After having Chinese food every night for about a week, I began to get motivated and…got my cooking on.
Cooking in China is a lot of fun! It has put a new challenge, but I have loved it! I have made so many things homemade! This takes a lot longer, but it tastes better, is healthier, and you get the satisfaction of knowing you made it! Sour cream, tomato soup, enchilada sauce, corn tortillas, pancakes, chocolate cake, banana bread, and learned to make soy beans!
This is an exciting time for me. After my tomato soup tonight, I felt like my confidence and love was back!
How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort. I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future. I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...
Comments
Post a Comment