Skip to main content

Itis ladies night...oh what a night!

Bubble Tea, back massages, and dinner on the town! Allie asked me what my favorite part of Beijing was, and I didn’t hesitate to answer…Girls night. The husbands all went to play basketball so we took it upon ourselves to have a night of relaxation and fun. It began with dinner in a little hole in the wall place across the street. It consists of about 4 tables and that’s about it. We piled and and began signing and using the little mandarin we know to order our food. We ended up getting soup instead of noodles, and eggs instead of chicken….but oh well! As we waited for our food we began making friends with our waiter, a 5 year old boy with a yellow yo-yo. We eventually got him to take a few pictures of us! After enjoying whatever food we ordered we headed to a massage parlor. If you have never had a back massage from a Chinese person, I would suggest putting that on your bucket list. It was wonderful! We ended the night with some accountability and bubble teas or smoothies.
I think the part I liked most, is probably tied with the massage, is the fact that I was without Jeremy. I didn’t have him there talking for me or making sure I didn’t order eggs instead of chicken ;) I was on my own experiencing the culture like everyone else. I loved it! It was fun trying to understand and make mistakes along side of everyone else! Don’t get me wrong, I love having Jeremy there to help, but being able to survive on my own was a good experience!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Sweet Home

The time has finally come to reveal what you all have been longing for......our home! I really wish I had taken before pictures, so you could see what all we did to the place. Here is the result of all our creativity and shopping trips back and forth from store to store. We don't have any decorations up yet, just the main necessity things...but soon I hope to add some color with pillows, art, and some throw blankets!!

First Day of School

First Day of School. The same nerves that run through everyone on their first day of school were kicking in as I walked up the stairs to room 203. I have never taught at a college level before, I definitely have not taught Chinese. Would they like me? Would they be able to understand? All these worries and thoughts were flying around my brain, but within an instant the madness stopped! As I let go of Jeremy's hand and stepped foot into my classroom, I was immediately filled with peace and joy! Their smiling faces and eager hearts just makes you melt :) I greeted the 10 or so students who arrived early and then began writing on the chalk board. It may be messy, but writing on a chalk board is totally teacher and made my day. The first class went well, it was a little bumpy but for the most part my lesson was accomplished and the students left smiling. As that class left, the second arrived and I started all over. This time with a passion and a confidence. I loved Teaching! ...

Not a Monk

How does someone know the Father has “called” them to something? I have always wondered what people had to do in order for them to be called or spoken to by the creator himself. I figured you had to be a monk or a pastor of some sort.             I remember when Jeremy and I were engaged and in pre-marriage counseling. Our pastor, of course, had to bring up China. This was a topic of so many discussions. Will we go back? (Probably a no) Do you want to go? (Definite no) Do you feel like the father would have you stay here in Evansville? (Yes, that is correct) I was not being “called “ to China. Nor did I feel like that was in my future.             I have always known that the Lord has made my heart special and that I felt as if he was going to do something different through me than an average young adult. I never knew what that was, but always felt that deep inside. After one...