Skip to main content

Itis ladies night...oh what a night!

Bubble Tea, back massages, and dinner on the town! Allie asked me what my favorite part of Beijing was, and I didn’t hesitate to answer…Girls night. The husbands all went to play basketball so we took it upon ourselves to have a night of relaxation and fun. It began with dinner in a little hole in the wall place across the street. It consists of about 4 tables and that’s about it. We piled and and began signing and using the little mandarin we know to order our food. We ended up getting soup instead of noodles, and eggs instead of chicken….but oh well! As we waited for our food we began making friends with our waiter, a 5 year old boy with a yellow yo-yo. We eventually got him to take a few pictures of us! After enjoying whatever food we ordered we headed to a massage parlor. If you have never had a back massage from a Chinese person, I would suggest putting that on your bucket list. It was wonderful! We ended the night with some accountability and bubble teas or smoothies.
I think the part I liked most, is probably tied with the massage, is the fact that I was without Jeremy. I didn’t have him there talking for me or making sure I didn’t order eggs instead of chicken ;) I was on my own experiencing the culture like everyone else. I loved it! It was fun trying to understand and make mistakes along side of everyone else! Don’t get me wrong, I love having Jeremy there to help, but being able to survive on my own was a good experience!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pick mine!!

Marry my daughter please. She is 25 and successful at her career. 5" 1' and 90 pounds. Smart, knows Chinese, English, Japanese, and German. Plays Violin, piano, and owns a car. Sound like a newspaper add? Its because it is. The paper and flyers you see here are from parents and grandparents trying to find their son and daughters spouses! These are people carefully picking their selections. I couldn't believe it....but what was crazy is that this went on throughout the whole park. I mean thousands of adds everywhere. I wasn't sure what I should think about it....but i found it very intriguing. How would you like for your parents to go the park every weekend to try to sell you to those who passed by?  

A bear stole my seat

I was on the subway heading to a birthday party for a teammate when all of a sudden a huge teddy bear came walking in. I soon found out, that there was a lady behind the bear. I couldn't contain myself. I had to be a tourist at this moment. I laughed whipped out my camera and capture this image of "China" for you all. I am sure subways in New York are crazy too, but people watching at a subway in China could be a full time job!

Dancing in the park

Last night was a lot of fun! We had mexican....it wasn't Los Bravos, but it was a nice break from garlic! :) We walked home from dinner and what happened from there was a blast. In America after dinner, for the most part, we sit on the couch and watch TV. In China, TOTALLY different. The evening is where it all takes place. Everyone is out and about. Walking through the parks,talking and playing games on the street corners. The street food is grilling and the air is full of laughter, horns, and music! I love it here at night! The sense of community is something westerners should be envious of! As we walked home we passed many parks. In the parks are walkers, people doing Tai-chi, and women dancing!We normally walk by taking pictures, but as we walked by the last park we could not help but hear,"HOOP there it is"!!! We stopped dead in our tracks, gave our bags to the husbands and ran to join all the women in their evening exercise! This was SO much fun! Of course we look