Skip to main content

Mac and Cheese

As I sit here typing there is a really cute old man watching me through his window across the street! Creepy? Nope, you get used to it! I am dining in tonight. I have my water boiling and my easy mac waiting to be made!
Jeremy and I made a visit to the Forbidden city the other day just the two of us. It was wonderful!Exploring this great big city hand in hand. I am so blessed to be with this man. He knows how to love on me and take care of me even in a city where my comforts are very different. Today we just sat on our beds talking, laughing, and thinking about the things we already missed. We also talked about the things were are observing.
As we walked into the gates of the forbidden city we couldn't help but be in amazement of the history and meaning of the sites. The huge red wooden doors and the guards watching just allowed us to feel the importance of where we were. The excitement of being at a place treasured. But to our surprise, when you got past the gates and into the court yard... commercialization,vendors, neon signs. This all took away from something that was so meaningful and sacred and has made it feel normal and approachable.Our excitement turned to sadness as we saw something of valued being used.
It got me thinking about the story of the Father's son and when he went to the temple and saw it being used as a market, not a scared place. People selling,big crowds, and not being used as what it should be.I can imagine his heart felt a little like ours. Do we do that in our lives? Do we take something that should be scared and used for honor and respect and make it into something it shouldn't?How about our bodies(the temple), the word, fellowship,or worship? I ask you to join me in looking at areas in our lives that we have been lost in the worlds ways or had a hard time keeping sacred and honoring to the father!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pick mine!!

Marry my daughter please. She is 25 and successful at her career. 5" 1' and 90 pounds. Smart, knows Chinese, English, Japanese, and German. Plays Violin, piano, and owns a car. Sound like a newspaper add? Its because it is. The paper and flyers you see here are from parents and grandparents trying to find their son and daughters spouses! These are people carefully picking their selections. I couldn't believe it....but what was crazy is that this went on throughout the whole park. I mean thousands of adds everywhere. I wasn't sure what I should think about it....but i found it very intriguing. How would you like for your parents to go the park every weekend to try to sell you to those who passed by?  

A bear stole my seat

I was on the subway heading to a birthday party for a teammate when all of a sudden a huge teddy bear came walking in. I soon found out, that there was a lady behind the bear. I couldn't contain myself. I had to be a tourist at this moment. I laughed whipped out my camera and capture this image of "China" for you all. I am sure subways in New York are crazy too, but people watching at a subway in China could be a full time job!

Dancing in the park

Last night was a lot of fun! We had mexican....it wasn't Los Bravos, but it was a nice break from garlic! :) We walked home from dinner and what happened from there was a blast. In America after dinner, for the most part, we sit on the couch and watch TV. In China, TOTALLY different. The evening is where it all takes place. Everyone is out and about. Walking through the parks,talking and playing games on the street corners. The street food is grilling and the air is full of laughter, horns, and music! I love it here at night! The sense of community is something westerners should be envious of! As we walked home we passed many parks. In the parks are walkers, people doing Tai-chi, and women dancing!We normally walk by taking pictures, but as we walked by the last park we could not help but hear,"HOOP there it is"!!! We stopped dead in our tracks, gave our bags to the husbands and ran to join all the women in their evening exercise! This was SO much fun! Of course we look